The company that made this piece, Salviati & Co was founded in 1859 in Murano, Venice, Italy, by Dr Antonio Salviati, Enrico Podio, and Lorenzo Radi. In 1883 it was purchased by the Barovier family, but continued under the name Salviati & Co. After Antonio Salviati died in 1890, the company was run by Amalia Salviati Ivanich, and Salviati's two children, Giulio Salviati and Silvio Salviati.
Following Silvio's death in 1920, the company was run by Maurizio Camerino and his two sons Mario Camerino and Renzo Camerino. Dino Martens designed for Salviati between 1932 - 1935. Other designers include Luciano Gaspari, Romano Chirivi, Renzo Camerino and Sergio Asti. The company was sold in 1987, and the name Salviati & Co was sold to a French company in 1995. In the current market a comparable piece by Salviati would sell at auction in the $40.00- $80.00 range.